CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

The Official BLOG of www.Charger-Nation.com

You are currently NOT on the Homepage
GO TO WWW.CHARGER-NATION.COM
Please send any questions or comments to: administration@charger-nation.com

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Tomlinson says he won't be back with Bolts

LaDainian Tomlinson knows he has played his last game as a Charger.

“I’m not coming back,” Tomlinson told The San Diego Union-Tribune on Thursday. “I don’t believe I’ll be back in San Diego. I’ve accepted it.”

After more than a month of saying he did not know what would happen, Tomlinson said he has believed for a while he would be let go by the Chargers.

“I’ve been praying and meditating,” he said. “After doing that for a couple weeks, I just felt like it was over.”

Tomlinson has two years remaining on his contract, but he is due a $2 million roster bonus March 5 and would be paid $5 million in total salary in 2010. As part of the renegotiated contract he signed last March, he is guaranteed $1 million by the Chargers for next season.

Speaking by phone, Tomlinson paused a lot as he spoke of his future and of his past.

“It’s a mixed feeling,” said Tomlinson, the league MVP in 2006. “It’s mixed emotions. I’ve spent nine years of my life here, pretty much my youth. I gave the organization everything I have. I enjoyed the community.

“But there is a part I won’t miss. The football part is fun. But the business part sucks. I won’t miss that.”

Tomlinson said he doesn’t know when the Chargers will release him. He said his agent might call the club to expedite the process.

0 comments: